It has been a while since I have posted here and this is going to be a short one, but a recent motorcycle trip with Alex took us to the Blue Ridge Parkway, The Tail of the Dragon, and the Back of the Dragon. I had not heard of the Back of the Dragon before, and it seems like this is one of those secrets that really hasn't gotten out there yet. Many motorcyclists know of the "Tail of the Dragon" in NE North Carolina, and it is an awesome road to ride. We discovered the Back of the Dragon while planning for this trip and decided to include it in our ride - and boy are we glad we did! It is similar in length to the "tail" with similar complexity and much less traffic. If you find yourself in southwest VA, you owe it to yourself to take a look. Thirty-two miles and over 300 curves - how can you go wrong???
There is a bar / coffee shop / gift shop at the north end of the road in Tazewell, VA which is where the picture above was taken. We rode down from Roanoke, stopped briefly to refresh and pick up a couple of souvenir (note to self: next time, pack the shot glasses a little better....) and then made our way to the road.
I have made a short video from that leg of the trip. I will probably do more later, but am a little pressed for time. Take a look and enjoy!















No comments:
Post a Comment